Defender Warehouse Sales Starts Today!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Defender Warehouse Sales Starts Today!

Post by Markst95 »

Anyone going??? I'll probably go tomorrow.
bottomscraper

And Hamilton Marine Open House Sale Starts Sat Mar 27th

Post by bottomscraper »

Rich Abato
Nordic Tug 34 Tanuki

Previous Owner Of CD36 Mahalo #163

Southern Maine
http://www.sailmahalo.com
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Defender Warehouse Sales Starts Today!

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

By the way, you don't actually have to go to the warehouse to take advantage of the sale. Everything that's on sale at the warehouse is on sale online as well. But if you want something like an outboard motor, for that you'll have to go to the warehouse in CT.

http://www.defender.com/

•Sale prices available online from 2:00 PM Eastern Time Wednesday, March 24th through 11:59 PM Sunday March 28th 2010.

• Available by phone as follows:
Extended Call Center Hours :
(Eastern Time)
2:PM - 6:PM Wednesday - March 24th
8:AM - 7:PM Thursday - March 25th
8:AM - 7:PM Friday - March 26th
9:AM - 6:PM Saturday - March 27th
10:AM - 3:PM Sunday - March 28th

• Available in person as follows:
Extended Warehouse Hours :
(Eastern Time)
9:AM - 7:PM Thursday - March 25th
9:AM - 7:PM Friday - March 26th
9:AM - 6:PM Saturday - March 27th
10:AM - 3:PM Sunday - March 28th
Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

Cathy Monaghan wrote:By the way, you don't actually have to go to the warehouse to take advantage of the sale.
Yea but they have HOT DOGS!!!
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Markst95 wrote:
Cathy Monaghan wrote:By the way, you don't actually have to go to the warehouse to take advantage of the sale.
Yea but they have HOT DOGS!!!
If I went to their store... I'd probably ruin my marriage and bankrupt the whole family, but at least the economy would get an up-tick (momentarily)!
Think I'll just stay here in FL - we got cold beer & warmer weather. :D :D

-mike
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Buy online and avoid CT sales tax

Post by Joe Myerson »

n/m
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

I spent all morning there. I didn't buy any big ticket items but it still added up. I had the Lion's package hot dog deal. $3.50 for a dog, little bag of chips and a soda. Found out the chip I bought to up grade my chart plotter last year was truly defective and will get a new one. Had some fun, saw some new gizmos and learned a lot.

The funniest thing of the whole day was when I was talking to the Baldor rep. A rather old couple suffled up and waited for us to acknowledge them. The woman mumbled something about not getting another alternator. The old gent asked if there had been any advancements since he had bought his two years ago. When reassured that it was the latest model he seemed satisfied. The woman then stated that if he bought another alternator she was leaving him. They were too cute and way funny.

The best part of going there is that all the reps are there to answer questions and advise you on what would best suit your needs. Then you can immediately spend your money unless your wife threatens to leave you, Steve.
Ed Haley

Important reminder when ordering

Post by Ed Haley »

If you've been establishing a "dreamlist" using Defender's cart while waiting for their sale, when ordering during the online special time period - Be sure to put the items you want in the cart AGAIN and then dump the same items that were previously added to get the special discount. Otherwise you'll pay the price before the sales event began.
mgphl52

Re: Important reminder when ordering

Post by mgphl52 »

Ed Haley wrote:If you've been establishing a "dreamlist" using Defender's cart while waiting for their sale, when ordering during the online special time period - Be sure to put the items you want in the cart AGAIN and then dump the same items that were previously added to get the special discount. Otherwise you'll pay the price before the sales event began.
Thanks! That's a great point...
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Alas, I ordered something the morning of the sale and the sale didn't start until 2PM. I didn't know about the sale or obviously I would have waited. I'll have to look to see if they gave me the sale price anyway which was $20 cheaper than what I think I paid.
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Warren Kaplan wrote:Alas, I ordered something the morning of the sale and the sale didn't start until 2PM. I didn't know about the sale or obviously I would have waited. I'll have to look to see if they gave me the sale price anyway which was $20 cheaper than what I think I paid.
Warren,

You need to get on their mailing list. I am, and I received a large postcard in the mail promoting the sale. Anyway, if you get their catalog delivered to your door, you'll get sale promotions too. So, CLICK HERE to get a free catalog.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Cathy,

I do get the catalogue but I guess somehow I missed the flyer on the sale promotion.
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Cathy Monaghan

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Well, I managed to spend $1,403.43 during the Defender Warehouse Sale and I only purchased two items!

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Jim Walsh

Defender sale

Post by Jim Walsh »

Cathy,
I didn't go overboard, sorry I couldn't resist the opportunity, but I still managed to invest more than you did. It really is a great sale. I overheard the Ronstan representative saying he had much more activity than he had at Miami a few weeks ago.
Kilgore
Sea Cliff, NY
Member #1209

Post by Kilgore »

I scored Hella LED nav lights and a whisker pole. Woo hoo!