Looking for CD25D Hull #2

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bob Ohler

Looking for CD25D Hull #2

Post by Bob Ohler »

The last I heard, my wonderful old boat was on a lake in the Carolinas. She had been painted blue and had a gold cove stripe. If you see her, say hello for me. If you know the owner, have him send me an e-mail.

Bob Ohler
CD30B
sv Aloha Spirit
CDSOA Member #188
Lou Ostendorff

I Know Where Your Boat is...

Post by Lou Ostendorff »

Hello Bob;

Like the subject line says, I know something you don't. But for me to reveal Aloha Spirit's location, you must perform the following ritual:

Stand erect with both hands outstreched, palms up, facing the Eastern North Carolina Coast, eyes closed; preferably at dawn tommorrow. Chant the following words, slowly and with great expression, " I know in my heart, that all roads and destinations lead to Oriental, North Carolina"

Once this has been accomplished, post your success immediately on this Board and wait patiently for the answer.
Lou Ostendorff
CD25D Karma
Fleet Member, Carolinas
Bob Ohler

Ritual Performed!

Post by Bob Ohler »

Ok, I performed the ritual. The last I heard,my beloved old boat was on a lake in the Carolinas. Now it sounds like she is Oriental, NC. Has she been sold again?

Thanks,

Bob Ohler
sv Aloha Spirit
CD30 #335
CDSOA Member #188
Lou Ostendorff

Patience is a virtue....

Post by Lou Ostendorff »

Bob;

Your chant was carried aloft by the 'ether' and pronounced as genuine by those in authority. While I compile the requested information, I would like for you to comtemplate two seemingly obvious truths:

1. Your lamentations over Aloha Spirit are characteristic of all Cape Dory Owners and their previous vessels, and

2. Everyone secretly wants a CD 25D
Lou Ostendorff
CD25D Karma
Fleet Member, Carolinas
Lou Ostendorff

Virtuous Life Rewarded....

Post by Lou Ostendorff »

Bob;

Your beloved "Aloha Spirit" has been renamed "Grace" and is berthed at the beautiful Belews Lake just north of Greensboro, NC.

(www.carolinamarina.com)

The new owner is David Young, former executive for EcoLab cleaning products. I know David because he owns a condo in Oriental, NC where mine is. You can rest assured that your previous vessel is in good hands. "Mr. Clean" as I know David, takes excellent care of all that he has stewardship over. Witness the following photo:

I have apprised David of your interest and alerted him to your possible contact with him via email:

davidyoung@fitnesstogether.com

Happy Sailing!
Lou Ostendorff
CD25D Karma
Fleet Member, Carolinas
Bob Ohler

Thanks Lou!

Post by Bob Ohler »

The old boat looks great! Thanks for your follow-up, Lou.

Bob O.