Datamarine

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Dick Villamil

Datamarine

Post by Dick Villamil »

I was looking for a replacement transducer for my Datamarine depth meter and after receiving a return message from what appeared to be an employee - my credit card was scammed - VISA was able to stop payment. I tried to call and email the company but no success. Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there any way I can replace the depth sounder with a Datamarin Corinthian II without redoing the throughhull and hole in the cabin bulkhead?
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Re: Datamarine

Post by Carter Brey »

Dick Villamil wrote:I was looking for a replacement transducer for my Datamarine depth meter and after receiving a return message from what appeared to be an employee - my credit card was scammed - VISA was able to stop payment. I tried to call and email the company but no success. Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there any way I can replace the depth sounder with a Datamarin Corinthian II without redoing the throughhull and hole in the cabin bulkhead?
Dick,

I've had both my original 1982 Datamarine digital knotmeter (S-100KL) and Datamarine digital depth sounder (S-200DL) refurbished by DMI Marine in Pocasset, MA:

http://www.dmimarine.com/

Their customer service was great, and my old instruments work like new.

Carter
bottomscraper

Post by bottomscraper »

If DMI can't help you try Gemeco. They are distributers for Airmar and Radarsonics the two companies that actually make almost all of the transducers. They were very helpful when I replaced my Datamarine with Raymarine. They had a transducer that was externally identical to the old one but worked with the new depth sounder.

http://www.gemeco.com/
Rich Abato
Nordic Tug 34 Tanuki

Previous Owner Of CD36 Mahalo #163

Southern Maine
http://www.sailmahalo.com
Phil Shedd
Rothesay NB Canada
Membership # 89

Post by Phil Shedd »

I got a new tranducer from DMI this winter. Talked on phone with them most helpful. Received new unit in good time. They will send things via post office. If it go by ups or the like there is a brokerage charge coming into Canada . Saves 50.00

Phil
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

DMI Marine, Inc.

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

DMI fixed our instruments for us on 2 separate occasions. We've been happy with them.

DMI Marine, Inc.
18 Commerce Park Road
Pocasset, Ma 02559

phone number: 508-564-7491
fax number: 508-564-7497
email: dmi@dmimarine.com
web site: http://www.dmimarine.com/
RC James

and the Instrument Panel COVERS.....

Post by RC James »

aren't such a bad buy, either. Beats trying to find an odd colored coffee can lid or other sun covering, cuz I got some really funny looks from shoppers in the grocery store when I pulled out the old tape measure and started measuring can top diameters.

You can talk to them by phone if you're not comfortable w/the CC over the internet thing. RC
rtbates

Re: and the Instrument Panel COVERS.....

Post by rtbates »

RC James wrote:aren't such a bad buy, either. Beats trying to find an odd colored coffee can lid or other sun covering, cuz I got some really funny looks from shoppers in the grocery store when I pulled out the old tape measure and started measuring can top diameters.

You can talk to them by phone if you're not comfortable w/the CC over the internet thing. RC
when I needed covers, they sent them after a phone call and simply asked me to send them a check for $10 (for two) if they worked for me. They did and I did..
Randy 25D Seraph #161