Recommended boat yards in Massachusetts?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

augiedoggie

Recommended boat yards in Massachusetts?

Post by augiedoggie »

New CD 26D owner here, wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a boat yard in Massachusetts (Cape Cod Bay area preferred) that offers winter storage. Thanks.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Recommended boat yards in Massachusetts?

Post by Neil Gordon »

augiedoggie wrote:New CD 26D owner here, wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a boat yard in Massachusetts (Cape Cod Bay area preferred) that offers winter storage. Thanks.
Where does your boat spend the summer?

Marina Bay in Quincy has lots of winter storage space.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Ron M.

Post by Ron M. »

How far down cape are you ? I know of a few good ones in the Harwich /Chatham areas.
________
Genetically modified food
Last edited by Ron M. on Feb 11th, '11, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
augiedoggie

Mass. boat yards -- Northside in Dennis?

Post by augiedoggie »

The boat is moored in Provincetown, so Quincy Bay is an option; thanks! Harwich and Chatham are a little far to sail in the fall with my schedule, unless she's hauled and trucked, but if you know of a good boatyard in that area I'll certainly look into it. Anyone have any experience with Northside in Dennis?

Cheers,

Tom
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Tom,

Are you looking just for storage or for service as well?
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Ron M.

Post by Ron M. »

There's a boat yard in Wellfleet, and sorry, I can't think up the name. It is down by the harbor on a side street......not hard to find - I think they have a storage yard over on route 6 also. Maybe 'Bayside Marine'. look in the phone book or ask a local harbormaster. good luck.
________
MAZDA PREMACY AND MAZDA5
Last edited by Ron M. on Feb 11th, '11, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
augiedoggie

Post by augiedoggie »

I'll probably want to have some work done on the boat, and hope to do some myself. Bay Sails has been recommended by a co-worker of mine from Eastham, and is an option, but I was hoping to find some inside storage, which Bay Sails does not have.

Neil and Ron, I appreciate the feedback!