Light bulb and portlight glass size CD22

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Light bulb and portlight glass size CD22

Post by trapper »

My boat is 90 miles away and I am trying to purchase gaskets for the portlights and light bulbs. To get the correct gasket, I need to have he measurements of the glass in the portlight. Spartan suggested that I may need 11 X4 but he was not sure so it needs to be measured. Also Any idea on what type of light bulbs? I recall there are 2 little holes for sockets. Help would be appreciated.
rtbates

i can help a little

Post by rtbates »

I don't have the gasket info, but the bulb sockets with "two little holes" are either MR11 or MR16 style. Most sockets can handle either. The MR16 pins are slightly further apart than are the MR11 pins.

Good luck
Randy 25D Seraph #161
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

light bulbs

Post by trapper »

Thanks Randy. I am going to West Marine this afternoon and will pick up the light bulbs. Guess I will hae to wait until next week to order the gaskets.
Ron Brassord

Port lights

Post by Ron Brassord »

I just measured the ports on our CD 22, and I get 4 1/2 X 13 1/2 for the glass size. This is measuring from the inside, frame edge to frame edge.
Hope this helps
Ron Brassod