Nice Day yesterday

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

Nice Day yesterday

Post by henry hey »

We had a good day on the sound yesterday. My friend Eric took a few photos as we were backtracking. We had already been out to our turnaround spot in back and they were just catching up (alas, he was in a hunter).

-henry

[img]http://www.rhapsodysails.com/graphics/hhcd25drifter.JPG[/img]
Judith

She looks awesome, Henry! n/m

Post by Judith »

n/m
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

I had to work!

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I had to work Henry. Whadda' waste of a good lookin' sailing day...especially for light air sails!!

Nice picture!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Re: Nice Day yesterday

Post by Carter Brey »

Henry,

Is that Matinicock Point in the background?

Carter
henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

Matinicock

Post by henry hey »

Very good observation.

Yes. . I was just west of Execution.

Welcome back Carter!

(not to be confused with the 70s sitcom starring Gabriel Kaplan) (( not to be confused with sailor Warren Kaplan))

-h
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Henry,

My niece's ex-husband was first cousin to Gabe Kaplan who, in fact, was absolutely nothing to me! (whew, whadda' mouthful!!) Notwithstanding, we are still thrilled to have our other City Island sailing maven back home to prowl the waters off Execution Rocks once again!! :)
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
RonE58

September sailing....

Post by RonE58 »

Hey Henry,
I like that fore sail, is that a drifter? A CD 25 down by me has a similiar light air sail. I'd like to get one for my 27, assuming it would work as well. Both tuesday and wednesday were light but you can't beat those clear blue sky's that september brings in.
Ron
henry hey

Ron - yes it is

Post by henry hey »

Hey Ron,

That is, in fact, a drifter. It works so well in light air.

Of course if I get into anything upwards of 10 knots it has to come down. It can be pretty overpowering on a reach and I am afriad about ripping it in general with heavier winds.

I was lucky in that the boat came with a nice selection of headsails (including that drifter).

I highly recommend one for light air. We were moving around in 3-4 kts of wind.

h