Many Cape Dory Photos HERE

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

Many Cape Dory Photos HERE

Post by henry hey »

Hey Folks,
I wanted to remind you all that there is a cape dory photo group on flickr.

It's here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/capedory/

and the most recent additions include photos of Dave Brandts INCREDIBLE cd-25 refit (what a beauty)

Flickr is pretty easy to use -- and free. Just join up and start uploading photos using their form.

-henry
drysuit2
Location: Segue, 1985 Cape Dory 26 Hull # 15 Port Washington NY

hey thanks, nice pics

Post by drysuit2 »

maybe some day we will see each other out on the water. I have seen carter once or twice. Are you in the same mooring fleet as he is?
Saw a nice 27 on Friday night. Didn't see were he hails from though.
henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

seeing each other

Post by henry hey »

Yes. . Carter and I have become friends and we see each other with some regularity as we both keep our boats at the same yard and mooring field.

Actually he and I have never sailed together although we have chased each other on occasion out of the moring field or back from the july 4th meetup.

I'm sure that will happen soon enough.

-henry
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Carter Does Get Around

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Henry,

Carter can push his boat farther in one day than anyone else I know. We have met up many times off of Oyster Bay when we both know we will be out sailing on the same day.

Here's one he took of me off of Oyster Bay on a windy day last August.

"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
RonE58

Post by RonE58 »

"Saw a nice 27 on Friday night. Didn't see were he hails from though"
Hello Frank,
Thanks for the compliment. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you long, I was focused on getting to the Brewers Yacht club to get diesel before they closed the tanks. I was leaving early the next morning for Brooklyn. I missed them by 20 minutes and they refused to give me a refill, but as it turned out I only needed 2 gallons or so from my 5 gal spare tank. I get better mileage on the Yanmar then my Izusu trooper. I really liked that North Shore Yacht Club and will definitely be back again for another stay. Capt Vic told me about you and Seque.
Take care,
Ron
Windrush/ Stolen Moments
drysuit2
Location: Segue, 1985 Cape Dory 26 Hull # 15 Port Washington NY

Post by drysuit2 »

"Capt Vic told me about you and Seque. "
lies...all lies...

Vic is a good man to have as a stewart
henry hey

Photos and Warren K.

Post by henry hey »

Hello everyone.

I'm so happy to see all photos now being posted on that flickr site. I knew that there had to be a CD owner or two around here with a photo of their boat.

I posted two new ones myself.

I sailed out to Oyster Bay yesterday and met up with Warren Kaplan. We didn't get to see Warren on 7/4 because he couldn't make the float-in so I was happy to get to finally meet him. He is a most gracious host.

Thanks Warren.

Everyone please keep posting those photos. If nothing else we will all have some eye candy in the coming (eek) winter months.

-henry