CD22 Motor Mount

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

CD22 Motor Mount

Post by trapper »

Well, I am finally ready to go. :D Got the new motor (never been wet Tohatsu 9.8 2sk) on the boat and run in. I hate my motor mount. It was on the boat supporting the 2001 Honda 8 hp 4sk. Its a huge stainless steel and rubber contraption that leaves the new motor at an angle. I don't see the point in having an adjustable motor mount when the boat has a 3 foot draft. I want a small, stationary, graceful (or as much as possible) motor mount. Any ideas?

I have some time to think about it because I will not change it until I pull the boat and for now-- I am going sailing! Did not get out this weekend --by the time I got the motor run in the current was running 6k and the wind was gusting to 25k in the opposite direction. I thought it not a good time for the maiden voyage. I think I need to spend some time practicing in less current and weather. I feel like I am 8 again taking practice runs at the club dock in my beetle cat. Wish me luck!
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Motor Angle Adjustment

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Trapper,

If you don't have an angle adjustment on the motor mount, take a look at the motor, itself.

Usually, there is an adjustment near the mounting clamps and the kick-up bracket.

Good luck,
O J
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

motor mount

Post by trapper »

Thanks John. The motor is adjustable and it is fully adjusted, I will still need to use a wedge. I think this motor mount is for a 4sk and my new motor is a 2sk--a lot smaller and lighter. I ordered my builder's plate yesterday, and the guy at Bristol Bronze said that the CD22 wa originally equipped with a bronze motor mount. I would love to see one.