Cape Dory Boat Show - Essex, CT July 30

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dick Barthel

Cape Dory Boat Show - Essex, CT July 30

Post by Dick Barthel »

Essex Connecticut – Cape Dory Boat Show

One of the highlights of our Northeast Fleet Rendezvous in Essex, CT is a Cape Dory Boat Show. It will take place at the docks of the historic Connecticut River Museum in Essex on Monday evening, July 30. The show will be preceded by a group sail to Hamburg Cove in the afternoon for fleet raft up, swimming and camaraderie. Everyone is invited to attend. Even if you come by car you are welcome to participate in the sail to Hamburg Cove.

So far these are the participating boats:

40 Restless, Bob and Mary Jane Vander Wiede; 1985 cutter, Hull #3; New London, CT

36 Yankee Dory, Bob Luby and Karen Grava, Shennecosset YC, Groton

33 Evening Light, Leo and Ruth MacDonald, #38, double head sail sloop, Shennecosset YC, Groton

32 Realization, Cathy Monahan & Bruce Halley, #3, Raritan Bay, NJ

30 Macht Nichts, Michael Heintz & Nan Wasson, 1987 MKII, #4 cutter

30 Red Wing, Bob Emmons, 1981, 30 cutter, Tom Rivers, NJ

25D Dream Weaver, Ann & Dick Barthel, 1984, #151, Noank, CT

TY First Light , Joe Montana, 1981, ECYC, Essex, CT

This will be a great opportunity to make comparisons (Sea Hunt!) and bring to life the endless discussions that take place on the Board. We are still looking for a 25, 27 and 28 (and of course the rare 31 or 45). It would also be a nice treat to have a CD10 or CD 14 if anyone would consider trailing their boat to the event. If you have any interest in participating please send me a private email and I’ll give you the details. Your boat does not have to be “Bristol” to be in the show. In fact we want the participating boats to reflect the full spectrum of ownership philosophies.

As part of the focus on the Cape Dory we are also planning to have a speaker who is going to talk about Carl Alberg. There are going to be lots of other great things to do at Essex so be sure to get your Registration in before July 14.

Thanks,

Dick
Fleet Lieutenant, Northeast Fleet
valenteach

CD Boat Show Essex

Post by valenteach »

I have just purchased a 1985 24 Cape Dory Trawler, would be interested in trying to make this event, weather permitting, if you don't mind that I don't have a sail.

Mike Rejto
Viola - 24 CDT
Wickford, RI
Dick Barthel

We'd love to have you

Post by Dick Barthel »

Mike,

We'd love to have you. I will send you a private message.

Thanks for responding.

Dick