Good pix of CD25 with a diesel installed...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Didereaux

Good pix of CD25 with a diesel installed...

Post by Didereaux »

Excellent set of photos accompany this listing. A westerbeke is installed. Also note the additional winches. It appears from the photos that they also replaced the 'rammer', i'e' the bronze stemhead assybley. At any rate it's certainly not your 'run of the mill' 1973 CD-25.
;)

hey Seahunt you lookin'? Waaaay out of my range, distance and price, although only one bid placed so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cape-Dor ... otohosting
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
last owner of CD-25 #183 "Spring Gail"
"I do not attempt to make leopards change their spots...after I have skinned them, they are free to grow 'em back or not, as they see fit!" Didereaux 2007
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Hello Didereaux:

Thanks. I think this is the one that "Ronkberg" identified the other day in the "For Sale" section as being on Ebay.

Henry Hey, you wanted to see pictures :!: It looks like now they have pictures on Ebay of the diesel, shaft, etc.

As I had said in the other post, I am very reluctant to buy anything on Ebay - except maybe diving equipment. I do not know enough about sailboats, etc., to know if what has been done is good, bad, of little concern, etc. Way too many modifications. Too many risks buying without a survey.

Fair winds,
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

Interesting

Post by henry hey »

Wow. If this was a CD25 that was a lot of work. It looks like it was done fairly well, although that Diesel looks like it might need a little love. If you look at the Q&A section on the listing you will see that the owner states 'this is not a CD25'.

It must have been a CD25 -- the D wasn't made in 73 correct?

h
Al Levesque

Post by Al Levesque »

I also didn't understand the statement about not being a CD25. Every detail shown fits the CD25 of that vintage. Was the writer intending to say that it was not a CD25D? Could it be that the writer doesn't know about the original CD25?
John Ring

Early CD25

Post by John Ring »

I've seen that boat around these parts. I believe it hung on a mooring a mile from mine for a few years. It is indeed a very early CD25, so it wouldn't have a bronze stemhead casting up front.

It's also listed on Craigslist; http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/boa/335767171.html

There is another very similar early CD25 with a diesel along the coast here too.

Best,
John Ring
CD28 Tantalus
Sea Owl
CD25 Hull#438
Monmouth Beach, NJ

Post by Sea Owl »

Nobody made note of the REAL downside of this boat - the diesel took out the roomy cooler! How is the Captain going to get his cooling liquid refreshments while underway?
Sea Owl
CDSOA Member #1144
Didereaux

Russ that's an easy one...;)

Post by Didereaux »

Russ wrote:Nobody made note of the REAL downside of this boat - the diesel took out the roomy cooler! How is the Captain going to get his cooling liquid refreshments while underway?
The motor well is no longer needed as such...a little glassing, a lot of insulation and VOILA! A two week COOLER supreme! (okay with extreme rationing)

;)
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
last owner of CD-25 #183 "Spring Gail"
"I do not attempt to make leopards change their spots...after I have skinned them, they are free to grow 'em back or not, as they see fit!" Didereaux 2007