Summer Sailing Photos

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dave Brandt
Rochester, MN

Summer Sailing Photos

Post by Dave Brandt »

I finally got around to loading some photos of our first summer sailing our CD-25, Prairie. If you want to take a look they are at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debhgxc/a ... as,1%3af,0

After a 3 1/2 restoration project, it was really great to get out and enjoy the boat. We kept her on Lake Pepin for the summer and mover her up to Bayfield on Lake Superior for a month of late season sailing. I think we will be keeping her in the Bayfield area for the 2007 season.

With 3' of snow on the ground it's hard to imagine that sailing season is not far off. I can't wait!

Enjoy

Dave
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Wow, a red one!

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

That's the first red CD I've seen!
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Prairie

Post by Carter Brey »

Dave,

Beautiful photos! She looks great-- and she's actually the second red CD I've seen. There was a 27 for sale a couple of years ago on Yachtworld.com that had been Awlgripped red.

Smashing restoration. Congratulations.

Carter
henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

NICE boat

Post by henry hey »

Is that paint or Gelcoat?

I have fantasized about a solid color (other than white) hull for years. Someday it will come to pass.

At the very least, your photos inspire me to finish my winter renovations -- which are many. . . and costly.

-h. hey
Dave Brandt
Rochester, MN

Thanks Carter!

Post by Dave Brandt »

Yes, Prairie is very Red. I know it's not traditional, but I like it. I am partially color blind and red is one of the colors that I can actually see.

We are very pleased with the boat, it sails great. Everything I had read about Cape Dorys is true ( not that anyone here is biased ).

Having a boat in our life for the first time last year was a wonderful experience, something my wife and I had wanted to do for almost 30 years, not sure now, why we waited.......

Waiting for spring in MN.

Dave

P.S. I finished posting photos of the restoration project, if you want to take a look they are on the link below.
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Post by winthrop fisher »

thats a pretty cd, i all was like red. a friend had a cd25 that was red....winthrop