Off topic and crazy -- but sailing related (sort of)....

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Off topic and crazy -- but sailing related (sort of)....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

I received the following e-mail from Brooke Krinsky of Rocket Science Laboratories for FOX network.

Though hard to believe, it's for real -- another one of those crazy FOX reality TV shows. So if you're interested, and out of your mind, read on......
Brooke Krinsky wrote:Hello,

My name is Brooke Krinsky and I work in Casting for the Television Show, TRADING SPOUSES. For our upcoming season we are looking to cast a family that is involved in Yachting and Sailing either as a profession or personal passtime. We look for families with spouses who are married, have kids over six and are citizens of the United States. The family that makes it on the show wins $50,000.

I found your webpage while doing some research and thought you might be able to help me. I'm looking for the most efficient way to get the word out to the Yachting / Sailing Community that this opportunity is available. With your help I would love to reach out to the members of your association. I'm open to any suggestions you have.

Feel free to call me for more information: 323-802-0584

Talk soon!
Brooke Krinsky

Casting Associate

Rocket Science Laboratories

brookek@rocketsciencelabs.com

http://www.fox.com/tradingspouses/
The following is quoted from a press release from FOX:
<center>FOX Searches the Country for New Families for Trading Spouses!

FOX Broadcasting Company and Rocket Science Laboratories
seek families for their next season of Trading Spouses!</center>

LOS ANGELES, CA (June 2, 2006) – A nationwide search is underway for families to participate in the next season of Trading Spouses. Thanks to the success of the show, new participants will get to experience the lifestyles of dramatically different families they would otherwise never have the opportunity to see. Of course, there will also be a financial incentive of up to $50,000.00 for participating families.

The announcement was made by Tyler Ramsey, Supervising Casting Producer at Rocket Science Laboratories, the producers of “Joe Millionaire”, “Temptation Island”, "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé," and “Renovate My Family”, all on the FOX Broadcasting Company Network.

Casting information is available on FOX.com or www.tradingspousescasting.com.. Families are encouraged to participate by following the instructions on the website.

“The program provides the opportunity for families to share and enjoy radically different lifestyles to which they may never otherwise be exposed,” said Tyler Ramsey. “Families spend an enormous amount of money every year traveling to experience new cultures and ways of life; yet, America is such a tremendous melting pot with many fascinating groups who remain unaware of one another’s differences. This will be an experience every bit as rich and rewarding as that experienced by the hoards of tourists that travel to Venice, Italy or Paris, France.”

“We are looking for fun and unique families with eccentric lifestyles, eclectic backgrounds, and an interesting family dynamic,” said Tyler Ramsey.

Families who wish to be considered for the program can go and log on to FOX.com or www.tradingspousescasting.com, where they’ll receive further information about the submission and consideration process. Families are encouraged to submit materials immediately!

Rocket Science Laboratories, founded in 1998 by Executive Producer Jean-Michel Michenaud and Chris Cowan, is an Emmy-Award winning, cutting-edge Production Company based in Hollywood, California.

Rocket Science Laboratories is best known for its groundbreaking television franchises “Joe Millionaire” and “Temptation Island,” as well as their recent hit, “My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé,” for FOX.
Last edited by Cathy Monaghan on Jul 17th, '06, 12:40, edited 2 times in total.
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Post by Oswego John »

Cathy,

Aw shucks, not that I couldn't use $50,000 but I guess I'm not eligible. You see, I only have five kids. I'm wondering could grandchildren qualify? :D

O J
Domenic
Location: Cape Dory 10 Hull 1278 & Moody 45ac Janique III Liberty Landing Marina. Jersey City.

Post by Domenic »

Thanks Cathy, I fit the profile. Wife and 11 & 14 yrs old Daughters. If I win $50,000.00 It would be a good down payment for a CD45 or a new Robinhood 40. Ciao, Domenic
rtbates

they ain't got enough money!!

Post by rtbates »

thanks but no thanks
Randy 25D Seraph #161
tartansailor

Trading Spouses

Post by tartansailor »

Trading Spouses???

BUG OFF
Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Domenic
Location: Cape Dory 10 Hull 1278 & Moody 45ac Janique III Liberty Landing Marina. Jersey City.

Post by Domenic »

My wife will not do it. Because , she is the one who will have to live with strangers.
Domenic

Post by Domenic »

$50,000.00 after taxes would be about $24,000.00 I do not think it will be worth it. Domenic
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Trading Spouses!!! Hell....I wouldn't trade Sine Qua Non for anyone!!! :D
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Domenic

Post by Domenic »

Warren. They want your Wife , not your boat. I would never lend out JANIQUE fot a TV show.
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Domenic wrote:Warren. They want your Wife , not your boat. I would never lend out JANIQUE fot a TV show.

I know! I know! The opinion around my household is that Sine Qua Non IS my wife!! Julie is on the marriage license but she sometimes thinks that doesn't really matter! :oops:
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
joeeb

Post by joeeb »

Sorry folks, Carter Brey has already taken the part . He will be trading
places with a spouse from a Sabre 38. The episode will be called Dueling Sabres.
Domenic

Post by Domenic »

The TV show will make MILLIONS of dollars on the national TV. And for a Cape Dory prerson will walk away with $24,000.00 FORGET ABOUT IT. Domenic