Cost of Standing Riggining for Typhoon Daysailer?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Appleton68

Cost of Standing Riggining for Typhoon Daysailer?

Post by Appleton68 »

I am considering having all new standing rigging, with new turnbuckles, installed for next season by a professional rigger. Does anybody have an idea what this might cost? I am located outside Boston, MA. Thank you.
Greg
Dick Villamil

Typhoon Standing Rigging

Post by Dick Villamil »

I replaced the forestay for my 1976 Typhoon. I went to Rigging Only - in the Cape Cod area - try their web page. I had excellent service and the price was as good as you can get. I will probably replace the backstay this winter. Just make sure that when you send the old ones that you send the entire unit including turnbuckles set the way they are during normal sailing. They will then provide you with the proper lengths with adjustment capabilities.
Serge Zimberoff
"Cloning Around"
Lake Sonoma, CA

Standing Rigging

Post by Serge Zimberoff »

You can compare West Marine to other prices also. They have a very good help tool for how to order the correct lengths. I like the idea of sending in your old rigging, but I didn't want to be without my boat when I did it, so ordered by length instead. It came out very well but it can be tricky.
winthrop fisher
cd 22 "Easy Rider Sr" 84

Re: Cost of Standing Riggining for Typhoon Daysailer?

Post by winthrop fisher »

Hey... the last time i had them replace it was around $350 to $400 that all...winthrop
Appleton68 wrote:I am considering having all new standing rigging, with new turnbuckles, installed for next season by a professional rigger. Does anybody have an idea what this might cost? I am located outside Boston, MA. Thank you.
Duncan Maio

Try Rigging Only

Post by Duncan Maio »

Tom Bigsby at Rigging Only can probably give you a ballpark fairly quickly, and he is one of the best around. You will want to send him all the gear to make up replacements.
Duncan Maio
s/v Remedy
CD27 #37
Bristol, RI