THIS WEEKEND

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

THIS WEEKEND

Post by David Sabourin »

Hey fellow CDrs. Mad Hatter and crew will be spending our first weekend of the new season on the water. We will possibly sail to Eastern Bay since the winds look like northwesterly on Sat. Maybe duck into a creek along the way or continue on toward St Mikes. I'll post the possible destinations on Friday.

Hope some of you are in the water and ready to go!

David Sabourin
Brett I. Miller
West River, MD

Post by Brett I. Miller »

Sounds awesome, David. We'd love to connect, but we're still far from the water. Should be in by August at this rate!

Have a great time.

Brett
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

this weekend

Post by David Sabourin »

Brett,
Hope you are in the water way before then.......and about this weekend.....looks like SCA's until this evening. Northerlys about 15 to 20. We still might cross the Bay and pass through Knapps and anchor in Baby Owl Creek if anyone is intersted.

David
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

Last Weekend

Post by David Sabourin »

Mad Hatter did make it to Baby Owl Cove on Saturday. The predicted heavy winds and high waves never did materialize. We spent a peaceful evening in an almost empty anchorage. Just two boats beside us.
Sunday was a different story tho....the high winds we didn't get on Sat we sure got on Sunday.....north winds at about a steady 25 kts with gusts well over 30 and waves marching down the Bay getting to over four feet....two reefs in the main and the staysail did well as we made 6kts all the way across....

look for our plans for next weekend and maybe some of you can join us.

David