Seeking Groco Marine Head Part

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

dgsail
Location: 1986 Cape Dory 26, Hull 50, Bridget, Montrose Harbor, ChicagoOriginal Owner

Seeking Groco Marine Head Part

Post by dgsail »

I am trying to find a replacement part for my Groco Marine Head. It is the the plastic base which attaches to the bowl and the pump. The part number is HF-22-P. It has been out of production for at least 10 yrs. Any suggestions where I might find one?
Debbie Garrity
Steve Laume

Talk to the Groco people

Post by Steve Laume »

I spoke to them about rebuilding my head. The guy said I could convert to the newer model and rebuild my head that came on the 1984 Cape Dory. He cautioned me to check to see if the plastic base was cracked at the elbow before I bought the kit. Mine had some minor cracks right where he said to look. The model they make now has a bronze base. To buy the piece you are talking about in bronze and then the rebuild kit and your time did not seem worth the trouble over just replacing the whole thing. I will be buying at Defender this weekend. The Groco rep was very helpful and I will be sticking with the updated model. Too bad they had to use plastic for that one part. Best of luck, Steve.
marka
CD 27
Hull 219
Oswego, NY

spare part

Post by marka »

Hi,

I replaced the Groco head on our 27 last season. The old head has the bronze base (pipe from bowl to pump). It's still sefvicable and will clean up nice. You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping.
Mark Abramski