Are We Good, Or What?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Are We Good, Or What?

Post by Oswego John »

Good evning, good readers. Brrrr

I discovered a short while ago that another CDSOA, Great Lakes Fleet member is a published author.

It's not for me to say who it is, but for tarnation sake, I only wish that he would complete his signature and add "Elder" or "Younger" to his monicker.

If you would like to read this amusing vignette, it is in the March, 2005 issue of the Readers Digest, page 202.

Oswego John
Brrrr
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

OOOPS I DID IT AGAIN

Post by Oswego John »

Hi all, Am I Blushing!

I recently wrote in to proudly announce that one of our members had a humorous bit of writing published it the March issue of The Readers Digest.

The writer hails from Michigan. The only trouble is, our member spells his name differently. Van den Burgh isn't quite the same as Vandenberg. So sue me, ya won't get much.

I did try to add the pink faced blushing Emoticon to my post but so far I haven't been able to decipher the way to do that.

Have a nice weekend
Think spring
OJ
Zeida Cecilia-Mendez

Posting EMOTICONS in your messages

Post by Zeida Cecilia-Mendez »

:D Hi, there... to post these funny faces in your messages, just click on the one you want to use, that is all. As you are typing your message, you will only see it for example as this... the blushing emoticon shows up as :00ps: but once you "preview" your message before sending it, you will see the real thing.
I enjoy your posts always.

Zeida Cecilia-Mendez
CD-33 Bandolera II
Zeida
neil
Cape Dory 25, hull # 253
Key West, The Conch Republic.

this looks like a plot....

Post by neil »

Seems like someones out to get your Vandenberg:

http://www.sinkthevandenberg.org/HTML/main_frameset.htm

This cant be good....
}=-(-_-)-={
David van den Burgh

Oswego John

Post by David van den Burgh »

OJ,

It was an honest mistake. There are so many variations on VanDenburgh that you're not the first to get it confused. Thanks for the 15 minutes of fame.

Cheers,

David (the younger)