Bad Feeling

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

mgphl52

Re: Bad Feeling

Post by mgphl52 »

Roberto, Please, PLEASE, tell your neck hairs that enough is enough...
two_atl_5d0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Mike, I know. This has been, and is. a pretty amazing "H" season. NHC predicted this would be an "above average" year. I think it has so far been more than just above average.

I am hoping these two systems lessen over time as they move E and ENE. I know the predictions say potential for increase but I have my fingers crossed. :wink: :wink:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

I have tried very hard not to post any more "H" charts/photos. It is depressing. :cry: :cry: :cry: However, given that yesterday, 10 September, is the unofficial/official high point of hurricane season in the Atlantic I thought it would be appropriate to show why it is so.

It also does not help that I have been cooped up in a "no or minimal human contact" zone for the past 6 plus months. At my age a Covid-19 hit would be a game ender.

As of 1130 hours today, 11 September, there are six (6) active systems in the Atlantic with at least two (2) of them affecting or soon will be affecting South Florida. There is also "speculation" of yet another system gearing up to head out across the Atlantic towards Florida and East coast that does not even show up on this chart; it is too far inland right now :!: :!:

Yikes :!: :!: :!: :!:

All I can say to about this chart is "WTH" :?: :?: :?: :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Sea Hunt Video wrote:I have tried very hard not to post any more "H" charts/photos. It is depressing. :cry: :cry: :cry: However, given that yesterday, 10 September, is the unofficial/official high point of hurricane season in the Atlantic I thought it would be appropriate to show why it is so.

It also does not help that I have been cooped up in a "no or minimal human contact" zone for the past 6 plus months. At my age a Covid-19 hit would be a game ender.

As of 1130 hours today, 11 September, there are six (6) active systems in the Atlantic with at least two (2) of them affecting or soon will be affecting South Florida. There is also "speculation" of yet another system gearing up to head out across the Atlantic towards Florida and East coast that does not even show up on this chart; it is too far inland right now :!: :!:

Yikes :!: :!: :!: :!:

All I can say to about this chart is "WTH" :?: :?: :?: :?:

I’m with ya brother. It’s just nuts.