Triad Trailer for Cape Dory 25D

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jim Walsh

Re: Triad Trailer for Cape Dory 25D

Post by Jim Walsh »

Sea Hunt Video wrote: I now just need to find a rigger willing to do the job of assisting with the unstepping.
Roberto,
I think you would be adding to your expenses needlessly. Once your mast is on the ground (or home) you can easily remove all your standing rigging and deliver it to the rigger for inspection if you don't trust your own eyes for a visual inspection. You can also easily inspect all your mast mounted attachment points and your spreaders.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Astronomertoo

Re: Triad Trailer for Cape Dory 25D

Post by Astronomertoo »

All correct. A 25 is relatively a small job. Imagine having to coordinate a rig removal of a large offshore racing boat with a 4 spreader rig, which requires a guy in the air!
Incidentally, there are mobile riggers who will take care of your inspection and repairs where ever the boat is located. We have one up here in Ocala that that works this part of the coast in a mobile truck. I will have him come out to the house and perhaps shorten my front stay next winter so I can raise my Furlex drum higher over a new Windline anchor roller I will install. I will get all the wires inspected, which look good to me.
Y'all have a happy and safe Memorial Day!
BobC
Citrus Springs, Florida