CD25 Outboard questions Mercury vs Tohatsu

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

pete faga

cd 25 well

Post by pete faga »

the original posts on this subject/archives usually ties two things together. What engine will fit in depending on what engine well of the 800 plus hulls cd made and how to modify. And second how much h.p./weight. Iam happy going from 9.9.2 stroke to a 6 4stroke tohatsu. The weight differ about 25 lb.. approx but does not make any problem with the scuppers but i sail solo most of the time. After one season it seems to push Grace along just like the 9.9 2 stroke. Because the 6 is a one cylinder it is not as quiet as the two cylinder 4 strokes that probably will not fit in anyways and extra weight will probably be a issue. Owners that have posted pictures in the past and present of the modifications of the bracket are worth their weight in gold.good luck on your choice. any cder that is close to me can borrow my 6 to see if it will fit without any problems. No april fools. think spring pete