Sensibulb bargain

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Troy Scott

Black and Decker

Post by Troy Scott »

Have you seen the BRIGHT BAR? This lantern/worklight/flashlight/torch/cockpit light/whatever light is great. I received one as a Christmas gift. There are two brightness levels. It runs a long time on an internal battery which can be recharged from 12 volt DC or from a small AC charger. It seems to hold a charge for a long time if you stow it away. While charging there is a nice red nightlight that stays on. The Bright Bar isn't pretty, but it isn't ugly. It's relatively tough. It will stand on a level surface or hang from whatever. You could hang it on a portlight. The only thing I don't like is the color of the light, but so what... It's a practical thing for a sailboat. Buy it at Lowes, ebay, anywhere. It isn't so expensive that you'd cry if it fell overboard. It will keep you out of the dark if you loose your electrical system.
Regards,
Troy Scott
Bob Emmons

Post by Bob Emmons »

Hello all,
I need to replace my overhead dome light bulbs and 2 or my reading lights so I would be interested in 4 bulbs. I just purchased an LED replacement bulb to test the other day from West, and it has the bayonet base this fits, but with that cool white color. These bulbs sound much better in color. I will alert our CDSOA board of this as well as Diana, our Chandlery Officer, and just maybe we could add this to our list of CDSOA member benefits! Cathy M. are you listening?............
Bob
Bob Emmons
CD30 "Red Wing"
Robinhood, ME
Troy Scott

english LEDs

Post by Troy Scott »

Folks,
There are several items here that would work well in a G4 base.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/warm-white-b ... -1456.html
Regards,
Troy Scott
Troy Scott

Look what I found

Post by Troy Scott »

This will fit directly into the older dome lights with no adapter. It's the right color, too. This is exactly what I was writing about getting Super Bright to make.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/1142-board-w ... -1786.html

Monday, June 16, 2008
15 British Pound = 29.21880 US Dollar

or if you buy 10 or more, they are $23.20 ea.
Last edited by Troy Scott on Jun 20th, '08, 23:18, edited 3 times in total.
Regards,
Troy Scott
Troy Scott

One for the older style reading lights

Post by Troy Scott »

Here's another find. I believe this would work just fine in the older style reading lights.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/1142ba15d-wa ... -1792.html

Monday, June 16, 2008
5 British Pound = 9.73960 US Dollar
Regards,
Troy Scott
aja

Chandlery chiming in

Post by aja »

Hi guys,

The best idea would be to get the vendor to sponsor the CDSOA and give a member discount.

As far as the chandlery doing it, we lose a % money with every paypal purchase and we lose money on shipping charges on just about every order. I don't think that the association should be losing money. My job as chandler is to make money for the association.

As far as my time - I don't even have time to read this whole thread to figure out which bulbs to order.

I think if there was a reliable volunteer who could get board (or Commodore) approval and handle the orders him(or her)self - we could put a link at the bottom of the chandlery page and interested people could order by check thru that volunteer.

Just my opinion,
Diana
s/v aja
1977 cd25 #530
Fairhaven, MA

NE Fleet Member since 2002
Bob Emmons

Post by Bob Emmons »

Thanks Diana,
I figured this would not be an item for the chandlery, but rather a CDSOA member discount. I spoke with the president of the company today about a possible group discount and he seemed quite receptive. When I have a free moment tomorrow, I am going to order one replacement LED to test, and continue the discussion.
I figure that we all need the double contact bayonet bulb replacement....at least that is all of the sockets in my CD30....
Take care and looking forward to seeing you at the Buzzards event!
Bob
Bob Emmons
CD30 "Red Wing"
Robinhood, ME