Annual what did the boat get for Christmas question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

You were not flamed -- I think.

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Hi "Sea Runt",

You were not flamed -- not involved in the prior messages in this topic thread in anyway. A typo was made in one of the previous messages, which was deleted from this board, and the user's name which was used (Sea Hunt) is similar to yours. "Sea Hunt" was used by mistake also, so hopefully nobody was flamed.

Cathy
CDSOA Webmaster
Last edited by Cathy Monaghan on Feb 28th, '07, 17:06, edited 3 times in total.
sciottos

Not a typo

Post by sciottos »

Cathy/Sea Runt,

With regard to that initial posting, it was not a 'typo' on my part.

I meant to address someone whom I thought used the 'avatar' Sea Runt because I thought that was the person who originally tried to sell me a Typhoon Day Sailer that - it turns out - had been badly damaged in a hurricane, and for which an insurance settlement had been reached.

If I've offended you, Sea Runt, I apologize. Likewise, all members of the message board who've had to endure this thread, which seems to have taken on a life of its own.

In particular, thanks to Sea Hunt who was able to provide for me the HIN (Hull Identification Number) which I used to determine the boat had, in fact, been damaged. Likewise, apologies if you misunderstood, but I clearly used the word 'Runt' instead of 'Hunt'...could be time for some new bifocals, sir...or maybe just get off the web for a while...it'll ruin your near-field vision.

Though I paid $30 for this report, I'll make it available free to you (Sea Hunt) or anyone who would like to have it.

Any experienced sailor can tell you the dangers of sailing with a rig that's been damaged, and not re-rigged by a professional. It was out of concern for all members of the board, or prospective new members looking to get into sailing, that I posted this information.

Looking back, I can't remember who that person was that originally tried to sell me the boat.

I thought his avatar was Sea Runt, and I remember his name was 'Robert'.

Sea Runt - if your name is in fact 'Robert' - it might strike someone as a 'weird coincidence', but you can't be the only 'Robert' in Kentucky who's into sailing boats and surfing the web...nor is the CDSOA website the only 'sailboat message board' out there. How'd you catch wind of this nonsense, anyway?

The person who tried to sell me the boat in question seemed to be in a great hurry, and wanted to close the (cash only) deal by the weekend, as he was moving to Kentucky for the winter. (I know; I can't imagine why anyone would leave the Keys in the winter to go to Kentucky.)

To view the boat, I'd visited him at his single-wide down in the Florida Keys somewhere. I recall his name was also 'Robert'.

It's a mystery to me...but be on the lookout for a Day Sailer named 'Petrel' owned by a person calling himself 'Robert'...she looks pretty, but an insurance company paid out something like $3700 for both hull and rig damage.
Sea Runt

no worries

Post by Sea Runt »

happenz all the time...no harm, no foul...