Is a wind vane wort the price

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

wikakaru

Re: Is a wind vane wort the price

Post by wikakaru »

John Stone wrote:I was never in the navy. But we use the term in the Marines too because we are a naval service. Not in the navy. We are in the Department of the Navy and fall under the authority of the Secretary of the Navy but not under the authority of the senior Navy officer called the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO).

Clear as mud? Just remember never say to a Marine "Oh you're part of the Navy." It would not go well for you. LOL.
Hey John,

For some reason I had it in my mind that you were a Navy Seal. My aging memory is obviously playing tricks on me. No offence was intended. As I said, obviously I was never in the Navy...nor the Marines, Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Space Force. Did I miss anyone?

Smooth sailing,

Jim
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

wikakaru wrote:
John Stone wrote:I was never in the navy. But we use the term in the Marines too because we are a naval service. Not in the navy. We are in the Department of the Navy and fall under the authority of the Secretary of the Navy but not under the authority of the senior Navy officer called the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO).

Clear as mud? Just remember never say to a Marine "Oh you're part of the Navy." It would not go well for you. LOL.
Hey John,

For some reason I had it in my mind that you were a Navy Seal. My aging memory is obviously playing tricks on me. No offence was intended. As I said, obviously I was never in the Navy...nor the Marines, Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Space Force. Did I miss anyone?

Smooth sailing,

Jim
I spent my Marine Corps career in infantry and reconnaissance units and now we achieve complete and total thread drift.... My apologies to the OP.
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

John Stone wrote: I spent my Marine Corps career in infantry and reconnaissance units and now we achieve complete and total thread drift.... My apologies to the OP.
And congrats are in order; you guys pulled that total drift off in only two pages! :D
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!