Asymmetrical

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Brimag

Re: Asymmetrical

Post by Brimag »

Nice pics
Paul D.

Post by Paul D. »

I had good service from Sailcrafters in St Louis Park MN. I had them make me up a new 120% genoa and it has changed our sailing for the better. So sweet upwind now and less heel. Tim at Sailcrafters basically gets the sailcloth of your choice CAD cut to your specs at a big shop and then sews the panels up himself. So in a way I got the best of both worlds, local and lower cost. Still, I think it would have been a bit cheaper to go fully online, but I had a bit of a custom sail job to do and was using my old sail dimensions.
Paul
CDSOA Member
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Absolutely gorgeous sail, especially against those tanbark sails. That's the beauty of sailboats. Everything has a purpose, but there are aesthetic choices that can make a huge difference in pride of ownership.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Porrick

Post by Porrick »

I am a relatively new CD26 owner and a spinnaker new-bie. If I order an asym. from Precision, what size do I need, or how do I figure that out? Thanks!