CD30K chainplates

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

JD-MDR

Re: CD30K chainplates

Post by JD-MDR »

Here are the new plates ready to go in Monday. These are for backstays. Mizzen plates are ready also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JD-MDR on Aug 17th, '19, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510
Kickin Bears

Post by Kickin Bears »

“Try to find “Leoma update 3/20/17.”

Thx; that helped! I have to say I’m super thankful for the condition of our bowsprit plate. Rusting for sure, but degradation is nowhere near what you had going on!

Great work. Enjoying this thread!
JD-MDR

Post by JD-MDR »

New g-10 plates ate in. I wanted them to fillet the corners better. At least they did use biaxual cloth. I think its ok. I took out thru hulls. Made the mistake of buying regular valves instead of the ones with the right angle fitting like what came out. Also my hull is 1-5/8” thich so the thru hull tube is not long enough. This is why I hate buying stuff online too hard to exchange. I bought another at the yard store. There weren’t any backing plates so I’m not gonna put any If I did then I will have to get two more longer tube spouts or flange. Whatever their called. Im not too particular
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510
hilbert

Post by hilbert »

G10/biaxial should be very strong backing for the chainplates and it also reinforced and sealed the hull/deck joint.

A backing plate for a seacock adds strength and provides a flat surface to mate with the flange.
At 1-5/8", a backing plate will not add any strength. Your reasoning to forgo a backing plate makes sense to me.