Commemorative Coins are in the mail

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: Commemorative Coins are in the mail

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Steve K. and Bill S. and all others involved with the research, design and creation of the CSDOA Commemorative Coin - "THANK YOU" :!: . It is very, very nice.

My first thought upon examining the coin was that it reminded me of a "challenge coin".

Well done guys :!:
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Batch 5 was put in the mail today, 17 Jan. If we received your dues prior to the 15th you should get your coin in the next few days. If you still have not paid your 2017 dues it is time to get a check in the mail, or go to our homepage and follow the instructions for the easy PayPal method.

Thanks,
Steve Kuhar
CDSOA Membership Chair
appletim1

Post by appletim1 »

Steve Kuhar wrote:To answer the last two questions; We purchased enough coins for one per member and a sufficient reserve for new members who join in 2017 to also receive one. At this time there is no plan to have any additional coins cast, but we may consider an additional order at a later time.

Thanks,
Steve Kuhar
Cool. I just became a member!
billsimmeth

Post by billsimmeth »

The coin is really very nice. Kate and I are thrilled to have received one. Thanks to all who made it happen.
Bill Simmeth - Delaplane, VA
TyWe 1176 "Whisper" - Fishing Bay, VA

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Batch 6 will go in the mail today, it includes all members that we have received dues from through 5 February. We will also be sending updated contact lists to the Fleet Captains very soon. If your dues are not current your name will not be included, so act promptly to continue to be advised of fleet events.

P.S.,

Daytime temperatures on the Florida panhandle have been in the 70s for the last week, the Azaleas are in full bloom, and it is great sailing weather, so future mailings may get bogged down a little, we are out on the bay.

Thanks,
Steve Kuhar
CDSOA Membership Chair