East coast and Bahamas Cruise CD 25D

Cruising on your Cape Dory? Let us know your whereabouts and post cruise updates here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Nebe

Re: East coast and Bahamas Cruise CD 25D

Post by Nebe »

awesome pictures!
Bibster

Post by Bibster »

Thanks for posting the pictures. It is neat to see somebody living the dream. When did you start your trek down the ICW? I am moving my CD 26 from Annapolis to the west coast of Florida beginning mid- to late-March and just thinking about the cold weather on the Chesapeake Bay makes me shiver :) . Also, did you find that you really needed the dinghy while you were on the ICW? I am going back and forth about taking it with me because, as you noted, it takes up a lot of room on the foredeck and, if I tow it, will cause at least a little drag that will slow the boat and increase fuel consumption. If I could get by without it, I would just as soon leave it at home.
Nebe

Post by Nebe »

Bibster wrote:Thanks for posting the pictures. It is neat to see somebody living the dream. When did you start your trek down the ICW? I am moving my CD 26 from Annapolis to the west coast of Florida beginning mid- to late-March and just thinking about the cold weather on the Chesapeake Bay makes me shiver :) . Also, did you find that you really needed the dinghy while you were on the ICW? I am going back and forth about taking it with me because, as you noted, it takes up a lot of room on the foredeck and, if I tow it, will cause at least a little drag that will slow the boat and increase fuel consumption. If I could get by without it, I would just as soon leave it at home.

You should defiantly bring a dinghy.
SV Tatyana

Post by SV Tatyana »

Thanks, this thread brought back some good memories. Since this trip we have sold the 25D and just purchased a Hans Christian 33 for some long distance cruising. As I'm rebuilding all the broken systems on this boat I can't help but think back and miss the simplicity of the Cape Dory. Only if the wife didn't need a "more comfortable" boat.