Trinka 8

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jim Walsh

Re: Trinka 8

Post by Jim Walsh »

Just noticed the seller said text first because he probably won't respond to email. Hope you texted him.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
pete faga

Post by pete faga »

Roberto
Also noticed it is sellers 1st post on CF
Jim Cornwell

Post by Jim Cornwell »

After lusting over Trinkas, Fatty Knees, Dyers and similar handsome tenders at the high-end (as I did), and If you have failed to sway the Admiral with impeccable logic and all forms of bribery have fallen short, take a look at a Puffin. Has lots of similar characteristics in a much more economical package. Mine turns heads all the time and is available in a sailing version Jim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Evergreen
Location: 1986 Cape Dory 36 - Hull # 139 - "Evergreen" - kept at Great Island Boat Yard - Maine

Post by Evergreen »

I can't say enough good things about Trinka.
We have had ours (8ft) for years and it has served us exceptionally well.
They could not be better built. Mark is meticulous and obsessive compulsive whenever putting one together. He is an expert who takes real pride in his work. If wear and tear ever results in problems down the road just take it back to him and he will make it new for what seems to barely cover his costs.
They row fantastically well and have two rowing positions.
They tow well and have two attachment points on the bow. They also have a self bailing drain for when you are underway if you get water in it.
I recommend getting the optional floor boards in order to have a flat place to stand and to keep your gear and feet dry if there is water in the bottom.
I also recommend the rub strakes (I think that is what they are called) that are applied to the bottom. We even had extra ones added to ours. As a result we are able to drag our Trinka over the rocky shores in Maine.
People everywhere will admire the pretty dinghy which will complement your Cape Dory.
Lastly Mark is an honest, down to earth person who is a pleasure to deal with.
I could go on but will spare you.
By the way - I have no personal interest in the Trinka business and only know Mark from our dealings regarding our dinghy.
Philip & Sharon
https://share.delorme.com/ADVNTURUNLIMITD (Where is Evergreen?)
http://northernexposurein2013.blogspot.com/ (Link to older blogs)