July 30 Mattapoisett MA Rendezvous and Gala Dinner

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Keep the updates coming

Post by Neil Gordon »

So that we can get a good count and that others might join you in your cruise to/from Matty, can you confirm your cruising plans with a post right here in this thread?

Thanks.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

August 4th in Salem

Post by Neil Gordon »

The next dinner (after 6.30 in Matty) will be August 4th in Salem. Moorings can be had at Hawthorne Cove and we'll make dinner arrangements based on the number we have attending.

http://byy.com/MALocations/Salem/Welcome.aspx

Email me or send a PM with your plan, by sea or by land.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Neil Gordon

Last chance for Mattapoisett

Post by Neil Gordon »

If you're coming and haven't told me yet, please send a PM or email ASAP so we can get a good count.

Watch this thread for last minute details.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

WARNING: Red Brook Harbor

Post by Joe Myerson »

Hi Neil and other CDers:

It turns out that Saturday, July 30, is the date of the annual Bass Ackwards Sailboat Race and Party, hosted by Kingman Yacht Center.

I've been invited to crew in the race, which starts around noon on Saturday and runs around the northern portion of Buzzards Bay. After the race, and probably during it for powerboats, there's an enormous, loud, fun-in-a-powerboat-sort-of-way party that involves wall-to-wall boats rafting together and anchoring off Bassets Island.

As it usually continues well into the night, I wonder how much anchoring space will be available for Sunday's float-in.

Just a question (presumably most of them will have limped home by Sunday afternoon).

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Philip Tanner

Cuttyhunk

Post by Philip Tanner »

I think I'm leaving for Cuttyhunk on Thursday to avoid the rush and poassible thunderstorms. I hope to see the other boats there on Friday. If anyone is going on to Mattapoisett on Saturday, It wouold be nice to sail together. If i'm not inside I'll be on a mooring outside. Or, if anyone has a radio channel to monitor, let me know and perhaps we can make plans to sail on Saturday morning.
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

Winds are going to be light from the NE tomorrow. I will probably be motoring out to Block. I was thinking maybe Newport but the winds and tide don't seem right for that. Things are suppose to pick up on Fri so that should be a good sail to Cuttyhunk. I might even get to fly the spinnaker. I usually anchor outside, cause I'm always broke. I will poke around a bit to see who is there. It would be fun to coordinate the trip to Mattapoisett.

It is supposed to be easy heading to Buzzards Bay. Maybe I will get really lucky with some of that NE wind for the trip home. Somehow I think it will be in my face, Steve.
Neil Gordon

Post by Neil Gordon »

I suggest hailing on channel 9 and then switching to a working channel. Monitoring a designated working channel has met with limited success in the past as not everyone gets the word.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698