Is this familiar?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Re: Lurkers are welcome, too

Post by Joe Myerson »

Neil Gordon wrote:Did I hear someone metion something about free Dark 'N Stormies?
Not necessarily free, but I hope they stock the ingredients at Newick's. :D
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
Andy Denmark

New Dark & Stormy Ginger Beer !!!

Post by Andy Denmark »

I was heartbroken when Stewarts stopped making their ginger beer. Since that time I've been on a quest to discover the best ginger beer available, IMHO, for our precious CD beverage. I have reached a conclusion:

It's called (are you ready for this) Ginger Beer and it's made by The Ginger Beer People. Best I can determine it is only sold through health food outlets. I get mine from a yacht club member who pays me dock box rent with ginger beer instead of cash. The going rate is a case per quarter (3 mos.) which is about my rate of consumption of this elixir.

This ginger beer is set apart from the others by the key ingredient of "Natural Ginger Juice" and to prove it there is a layer of ginger particles floating at the bottom of each bottle. Yes, it must be shaken prior to pouring so the last dregs of ginger don't overpower your drink.

Give this a try and see what you think -

FWIW[/b]
s/v Rhiannon

"In order to be old and wise, one first must have been young and stupid ...
Dino
Location: Oriental, NC. CD 25D. Previously CD22, Typhoon and CD 10.

Off topic loves company

Post by Dino »

Leave the dang bulb alone. Dead bulbs save energy.
Dick Villamil

light bulbs

Post by Dick Villamil »

yeah, yeah, yeah - but how do you change thewick in a lantern?
John Vigor

All screwed up

Post by John Vigor »

Dick Villamil wrote:yeah, yeah, yeah - but how do you change thewick in a lantern?
Simple, Dick. You screw it up until it's out. Then you screw it down til it's in. Screw it up again and apply flame. Screw it down again to adjust light.

(There's more, but I'm keeping this short so you-know-who won't complain about band width again.)

John V.
bill2

Re: All screwed up

Post by bill2 »

John Vigor wrote:
Dick Villamil wrote:yeah, yeah, yeah - but how do you change thewick in a lantern?
Simple, Dick. You screw it up until it's out. Then you screw it down til it's in. Screw it up again and apply flame. Screw it down again to adjust light.

(There's more, but I'm keeping this short so you-know-who won't complain about band width again.)

John V.
I suppose there are some ( including possibly you-know-who ? ) that still are running ( their black box ? ) on analog and would benefit from switching ( their black box ) to the more modern digital version. While promising an increase in performance, it'll still be impossible to determine the sum total of the black box's contents - till they're needed anyways . . . then I suppose the outcome will usually speak for itself .

Oh - the lite bulb - did we include the supervisors, administrators and regulators ? ;-)

Fair Winds
Droofus

Don't forget a hazmat light bulb clean up kit

Post by Droofus »

If it is one of those new government compact fluorescent lamps
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

We are so over the compact florescents.

Our Cape Dories deserve nothing less and the quantum leap to LEDs.

Does that change anything as far as this thread goes. Ya know, before you can begin to change the light bulb we really should try to determine which is the best bulb to use.

Did I tell you about changing all of my bulbs on Raven... Steve.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Once it's screwed up...

Post by Neil Gordon »

John Vigor wrote: You screw it up until it's out. Then you screw it down til it's in. Screw it up again and apply flame. Screw it down again to adjust light.
In step 3, it's a good idea to screw it up as little as possible. I screwed it up big time and things have often broken as a result.

Step 4 then becomes a matter of screwing it up more rather than vice versa.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
rtbates

Post by rtbates »

Very much so..

Not so much, I'm happy to say on this forum, but a few others I frequent it's almost always the case..

seems the smart ass reply was not mentioned...as it should get fairly top billing
Randy 25D Seraph #161
Dean Abramson

??

Post by Dean Abramson »

Very much so..

Not so much, I'm happy to say on this forum, but a few others I frequent it's almost always the case..

seems the smart ass reply was not mentioned...as it should get fairly top billing
With all due respect, I do not understand this post. Was it meant for another thread...?

Dean
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
rtbates

Re: ??

Post by rtbates »

Dean Abramson wrote:
Very much so..

With all due respect, I do not understand this post. Was it meant for another thread...?

Dean
Nope, this one
Randy 25D Seraph #161