Does a Cape Dory 25 fit in a 40 foot shipping container?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Wartime Ingenuity

Post by Oswego John »

Similar to Neil's instant homes, many a Plan-B was substituted for the real thing when Plan-A wasn't possible.

When you had to do without, enterprising individuals found other ways to git-er-done.

For countless years, the beautiful ladies wore silk stockings, that is until the advent of nylon hose. During the war, in the 1940s, it was extremely difficult, if not impossible, to buy nylons or silk. What to do?

Some clever person came up with the novel idea to apply a lotion, similar to suntan coloring, to the legs. Then, with the help of a cohort, a fine line, a seam, was drawn up the back of each leg with an early version of a magic marker.

It took an expert eye, up close, to know her secret. This was much more preferable to wearing the baggy cotton hose that wrinkled at the knees.

Yankee (and dixie) ingenuity prevailed again.

Damn the torpedoes,
O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Rizzo

Re: Does a Cape Dory 25 fit in a 40 foot shipping container?

Post by Rizzo »

Hi Eyeback

Did you ever find out if the Cape Dory 25 fits into a container?

I too funnily enough am in New Zealand (Auckland) and am considering doing exactly the same thing. I am burning to know if the boat fitted or not!

thanks
Rizzo