Price for two cushions of approx 6 ft?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dick Barthel

Good shop in CT or RI?

Post by Dick Barthel »

Now that I know for sure my first quote is bogus, does anyone have a suggestion for a good shop in CT or RI? I've got some suggestions from Me but I'm not sure I want to travel that far if I don't have too. I also like the idea of them taking measurements at the boat rather than using the old cushion as a template.

Thanks,

Dick
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

Just found my quote for settee cushions from fall of 2005: $1,058 for about 13-14 linear feet of cushions. It was just for the new sunbrella covers over the old foam. The foam was good and still is. Mesh on the bottom. The shop was up in Camden ME, a smaller operation, husband and wife team, Aurora Canvas and Sail
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Tod Mills

upholstery shop

Post by Tod Mills »

So long as you make sure they use the marine grade materials you want, any upholstery shop could easily make them for you; no need for them to specialize in boat cusions. It just may take a bit more communication on your part and perhaps more oversight.

I had a local (ohio) shop do my cushions and not much of their business is marine, but they did a fine job.
Tod Mills
Montgomery 17 "BuscaBrisas", Sandusky, OH (with trips elsewhere)
Tartan 26 project boat
Cape Dory admirer