Tiller Pilot for CD 28

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

mgphl52

Re: ST2000

Post by mgphl52 »

2tocruise wrote: I do think I need to re-run the calibration and alter the settings somewhat though as there were periods where it would only maintain about 20deg either side of proper course, and sometimes it would fixate on a course even after hitting the +/- 10 button a couple of times. Anyone with more experience have any suggestions?
Always check your nearest cockpit locker for things like stowed anchors and/or chain... they can sometimes cause deviation on the flux compass.

-michael
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
2tocruise
Little Creek, VA
Currently in Annapolis, MD

Anchor

Post by 2tocruise »

I do keep our spare anchor and chain in the STBD cockpit locker, I guess I'll have to find it a new home and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the tip I would have spent ages messing around before thinking of that anchor.
Twenty years from now, you will be more disapointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain