2008 Season Gear Review

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

jerryaxler

equipment

Post by jerryaxler »

To raise the bunk mattress or cushions off the wood to allow for circulation, we use the Froli system. It's a set of plastic coil springs that interlock and can be adjusted for weight. The USA distributer was very helpful in determining amount needed. They actually talked me out of buying too much.
Fairwinds and following seas,
Jerry Axler
wingreen

for the Ty...

Post by wingreen »

Joe CD MS 300 wrote:Second the Sensibulb LED lights. Really make a difference on AMP usage and just as bright and natural as bulbs. Also like the sailors solutions LED anchor light with the photo cell turn off at dawn.

New Found Metals bronze ports. Big, big improvement in function and looks over the old plastic ports. Why did CD ever use those plastic ports on some boats?
Ditto on both of these, except I got my ports from Bristol Bronze. Those were some butt-ugly plastic ports, weren't they?

I also added:

* a downhaul for the jib so I don't have to go forward to drop the sail.
* real seacocks (replaced the gate valves)

I want to try, but haven't yet decided:

* lazy jacks
* a real topping lift instead of the backstay pigtail, more to keep the boom up over my head while sailing rather than to use while moored/ anchored/ docked.