Recurrent dreams

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

nprice
Location: Cape Dory Typhoon daysailor, "Pattie B Too" New Meadows River, ME.

Post by nprice »

John,
No such dream but your post reminded me very strongly of my first solo night at anchor many years ago. Beautiful evening, lovely sheltered bay. Checked the depth, dropped the hook, and had a wonderful dinner in the cockpit with a steaming mug of coffee as the sun went down. Not sure how much sleep I got as most of the night was spent checking transits to make sure the anchor wasn't dragging!
Dream on.
Nick Price
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Copters vs. tillers?

Post by Neil Gordon »

>>In all cases, it will take more force to hold the propeller at slower and slower speeds relative to the speed of travel, and ultimately it will take the greatest force to completely stop the propeller.<<

Here we go again!

Hey, John... maybe you were dreaming about Dick Barthow and his upcoming retirement. See if your dream changes now that he's crossed over the line.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
John Vigor

Post by John Vigor »

zeida wrote:Well, about flying dreams... it's not exclusive to men. When I was still dancing (classical ballet) professionally, I had the most wonderful recurring dream.
Lovely dream, Zeida, and very appropriate for a ballet dancer. I hadn't realized you must have been the cousin and coach of the famous Fernando Bujones, probably America's top male ballet dancer, before his untimely death in 2005. I can hardly believe the wealth of talent the Cape Dory board attracts.

Give my love to Goldie next time you're doing a pas de deux with her down in the engine room.

Cheers,

John V.
M. R. Bober

Post by M. R. Bober »

John,
Are these dreams recurrent or tidal? :wink:

Happy New Year,
Mitchell Bober
Sunny Lancaster (18F yesterday; 60F+ tomorrow) VA
CDSOA Founding Member
Will Wheatley
On Mill Creek in Annnapolis, MD

Post by Will Wheatley »

I have not had any sailing dreams, at least while I was sleeping but I used to have flying dreams quite regularly although not in many years. My flying dreams were not peaceful ballet moves it was more like being launched on a rocket. I would be standing on the ground and then I would be launched into the air to several thousand feet And would then fly there at super speed. I almost always travelled north along the east coast from DC between DC and New York. When the dream happened I had no control but as the dream happened more often I eventually could control where I was going. I could travel to Baltimore in a couple of minutes. I never did get the hang of landing though, it usually happened like a plane crash but I never got hurt.

I have no idea what if anything those dreams meant but they happened during the ten years when the only transportation I owned was a series of very fast motorcycles so I always figured it had something to do with the elevated state of adrenaline that travelling often entailed back then.

Happy Sailoring~~~~/)~~~~
Will Wheatley, CDSOA
Sailing The Bay near Chesapeake Beach, MD