25D Cabin Sole Update

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

dasein668 wrote:I didn't know you were such a dink, John. Christ I thought I might mention that in case someone didn't know. Mea culpa for trying to keep someone from doing something that will send them to jail. ::rolleyes::

Clearly us non-Cape-Dory owners aren't welcome here. Very well. Bye.
Nonsense, ya have ta know that John is just having some fun at your expense. All are welcome!
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Hello Nathan:

At the risk of getting in the middle of something I should not be getting in the middle of, I agree with Cathy. I have read Mr. Vigor’s posts for the past year. He is witty, funny, sarcastic and educational. I am very confident he intended his post in good humor. If in doubt I would respectfully urge you to read some of Mr. Vigor’s exchanges with Neil Gordon, Oswego John, Didereaux and others on the subject of, among others, spinning versus stationary props. They are educational, hilarious, and full of sarcasm at all levels.

I have also read your posts for the past two years and have found them to be very educational and very helpful to a “tadpole” sailor. I have also been to your website several times. I hope that you reconsider and continue to post on this website. I believe it would be a loss to the board, and I know it would be a loss to me personally, if you stopped posting on this board.

Fair winds,
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

Ditto

Post by Jerry Hammernik »

Nathan,

Sea Hunt said it first, and said it better than I would have, but I agree with him 100%. I enjoy and learn a lot from both John and you. Your web site is tops! The downfall of e-mail is missing the smile, the raised eyebrow and the other body language clues.

DON'T GO!
Jerry Hammernik

"Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can buy a lot of things that will make me happy."