Cape Dory 22 Questions

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Hello to All:

Zeida, thanks for the information on Hurricane Cove Boatyard. I will definitely use them with whatever Cape Dory I eventually buy.

OJ, thanks. I have printed your most recent post and will show it to "The Admiral". :wink:

Mike, yes it is. Unfortunately, it looks like the seller may not be motivated at all to sell her.

Mike, you are also absolutely correct about photos. I really enjoy looking at photos posted by others, whether it is a photo of a Cape Dory at sunset in Maine or 6-8 seacocks that have been removed and cleaned.

Unfortunately, I am not very good with posting pictures to a website. I have never done it. Whenever I look at a sailboat I take 25-30 pictures and detailed notes. However, I buy a cheap, disposable, splash proof 35 mm camera - not digital and thus I cannot post to this website. I will try to find a way to convert negatives to digital and then learn how to post them on this website.

I participated in our regular Saturday regatta yesterday at Castle Harbor. 18-20 knot winds NE :!: We had only enough sailors for four Harbor 20s to compete (3 sailors per boat). Great fun :!:

Fair Winds,
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097