Carolina's Fleet - Summer Trip to Ocracoke

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Link For National Hurricane Center

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Chase,

Did you forget something, or am I overlooking something? :D

All the best,
O J
Parfait's Provider
berthed Whortonsville, NC

Post by Parfait's Provider »

Yes, I have the hurricane center on my screen. I can't account for what I heard, but it was definitely a report on NC Now about another storm, not Beryl. They called it TD#3. Maybe the 11 PM report from NOAA will have something.
Keep on sailing,

Ken Coit, ND7N
CD/36 #84
Parfait
Raleigh, NC
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

Mr. Oswego:

As Mr. Didereaux says "Us old gezzers got to stick together."

Here is the link to the National Hurricane Center:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

I have been using the NHC website for several years. It is excellent, timely updated and very accurate. Just click on the 3 day or 5 day "Warnings and Cone. When the map/chart shows up on your screen, click on it again and it expands to large size.
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
chase

strength in numbers...

Post by chase »

This was only a test....

Thanks for covering, Seahunt.

csh
Scott MacCready
Location: Previous Owner of CD30-ketch, CD26 #29, and CD25 #635 Hulls Cove,ME

Post by Scott MacCready »

Chase, you picked a good marina to keep your boat. I kept my first two CDs there. They'll take good care of yours in your absense, and will stay there adjusting your lines in all but the worst of storms. See you in the Fall, Scott
Parfait's Provider
berthed Whortonsville, NC

Circulation

Post by Parfait's Provider »

I checked with WUNC-TV and they apparently were misled by the Associated Press who later corrected themselves. However, the current IR loop shows a large circulation at 30N and 70W about 400 miles SE of Hatteras.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html
Keep on sailing,

Ken Coit, ND7N
CD/36 #84
Parfait
Raleigh, NC
chase

NW Creek Marina

Post by chase »

Scott,

I believe it. I have never had such a good marina experience, they are really great there. I showed up at quitting time and as soon as the Dockmaster Bud tied me up, he said, "where are you going"? and insisted on taking me all the way to Ron's house at Broad Creek where my car was. It was a good hour and a half and he would accept no money. He's getting some private-stash filet mignon's next time I'm down that way.

Then I showed up to Ron's and ate the best meal in days. I really could not have planned it better. I rode a big following wave of generosity this time -- thanks guys. I'm glad I got into this whole travel-by-water program. I'm also real thankful for this community, especially now that I'm starting to meet some of you out in the world.

Have a great weekend-

Chase