Boston Harbor Island Regatta 2007

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Unmarked Ledge

Post by Neil Gordon »

Appleton68 wrote:Where is the unmarked ledge in relation to some geographical location, not GPS position? TY
It's when we round Rainsford I., after rounding the red nun that marks the sand spit on Long Island. I can be more specific when I get the charts in front of me.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

Are you refering to Quarantine Rocks?

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Or right in that area?
I am also curious about the comment about "ANCHORAGE FOR EXPLOSIVES", just East for those rocks? Are we talking about mines, or is this a dumping ground?
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Are you refering to Quarantine Rocks?

Post by Neil Gordon »

Mark Yashinsky wrote:Or right in that area?
I am also curious about the comment about "ANCHORAGE FOR EXPLOSIVES", just East for those rocks? Are we talking about mines, or is this a dumping ground?
Yes, Quarantine Rocks! The race course doesn't follow the market channel over that part, which is why they have the Sea Tow boat marking the ledge.

I suspect that the explosives anchorage is a left over designation from WWII or whatever. It's not a dumping ground and there are no warnings about undexploded whatevers which might give pause before dropping your Danforth.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Steve Buckley
Location: Typhoon Weekender, "Anna", #942, Cottage Park Yacht Club, Winthrop, MA

The Winthrop CD Fleet

Post by Steve Buckley »

There are two Typhoon Weekenders and one CD 25 at the Cottage Park Yacht Club just accross the harbor. We might be able to rally for the BHIR this year if they promise not to run out of food again.

Although, given our numbers, what do people think of a regatta in Boston Harbor this summer just for CDs?