Need Typhoon Daysailer Parts

Make your test posts here. This is just for testing and posts will be removed periodically.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

NevisTyphoon
Hull # 47

Need Typhoon Daysailer Parts

Post by NevisTyphoon »

I was just "given" a 1982 Typhoon Daysailer down in Nevis, West Indies. The boat was banged around a bit in a storm and lost her rudder about 15 years ago. She was pulled out of the water and has sat ever since.

We pulled the mast and boom out of the weeds, and all seems ok there. The standing rigging only needs a couple of lines replaced. The PO found most of the running rigging. She could not find the sails.

We're trying to get her back in the water on the cheap. A cheap parts boat daysailer would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.

Besides the rudder and sails, I need most of the deck hardware. The coaming is all broken and the hatch is missing. I'll also need the outboard mount - $360 from Spartan is more than my budget (shipping +50% duty).

We build a cradle next week when I'm back on island, and am bringing my oscillating sander with me. Any help on parts out there?

Best Regards,

Chris
Chris Thompson
Nevis, West Indies

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it-but sail we must, and not drift, nor lie at anchor
Oliver Wendell Holmes