Sailing Locations Affordable ???

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Steve I

Sailing Locations Affordable ???

Post by Steve I »

Doe's any body know where there is a affordable place to live on water and be able to sail a small CD ( or other boat ) from your own property, not including the frozen North??? Any suggestions ?? I left Florida when it became unbeleivably expensive.
Joe Montana
Member 781

Don't Tell

Post by Joe Montana »

In the unlikely event that you find it (I've looked), please let me know before you tell the rest of the world! The looming retirement of baby boomers seems likely to push prices of waterfront (any waterfront) even higher. Realistically, it could become a problem just holding on to what water access one might already have, as values and taxes go up.
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Property For Sale

Post by Oswego John »

FOR SALE:

Prime tundra lots. Some with a view. Habitable two, maybe three months a year.

Call 1-800-IFR-EEZE

Ask for Nanook

Due to global warming, summer will come early this year. It will officialy be here in Oswego on Aug. 17 between 10:27 AM and 4:53 PM. :D

Go Colts
s-dupuis

Soon to be waterfront lots thanks to global warming

Post by s-dupuis »

Buying property, say, 20-30 miles inland will likely be waterfront property in as many years. It may be wise to invest now!

Steve
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Sailing Locations Affordable ???

Post by Neil Gordon »

Try buying a larger CD for living on and a smaller one for day sailing.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Didereaux

maybe here?.....

Post by Didereaux »

There is still some relatively low priced land available in the MAtagorda Bay area of Texas that is prime small boat sailing. Not much in the way of work or decent wages which is why it is still reasonably priced.

Do not even bother looking at Corpus Christi or the GAlveston Bay areas, they are not quite Florida prices yet, but they have aspirations!

g'Luk
Didereaux- San Leon, TX
last owner of CD-25 #183 "Spring Gail"
"I do not attempt to make leopards change their spots...after I have skinned them, they are free to grow 'em back or not, as they see fit!" Didereaux 2007
iropicc

CHEAP SHEETING

Post by iropicc »

TRY PORT MANSFIELD, TEXAS. CUT TO THE GULF IS THERE. BUT THE WATER BEHIND THE BARRIER ISLANDS IS FAIRLY THIN. MARINA AVAILABLE.