Need a Ride

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Troy Scott

Need a Ride

Post by Troy Scott »

Folks,

As many of you know, I've been working for over a year now on IMAGINE, my CD36 project. For the last several months I've been lucky to have an excellent helper. His name is Tony, and he is 16 years old. He has made the work go much faster. I'm thinking he will make a fine sailor someday, but he has never been on a sailboat. I would like to be able to take him sailing, since "all work and no play" is not a well-balanced approach to a long-term project. Unfortunately my boat won't be ready to launch until next fall, and my brother has chosen this time to do long-term fix-up/repairs to his boat as well. What I'm getting around to saying is that for now I'm a land-locked sailor in need of some time on the water for me and one or two companions. I'm wondering if there is a Cape Dory owner within several hours drive of south Mississippi who would have it in his/her heart to offer us part of a day on the water. I would be forever indebted. Actually it wouldn't even have to be a Cape Dory, but that would certainly make it better!
Regards,
Troy Scott
Leo MacDonald
Location: 'EVENING LIGHT' CD33 No. 38, Pine Isl. Bay, Groton, CT

Sailor

Post by Leo MacDonald »

Hi Troy,

Not all CD'ers read this board. A thought would be to bring up this request in January when the 'Panhandle Fleet 'has it's formation meeting . . . Or, send him north next July for the NE Fleet 'Rendezvous 2007' :D
Fair Winds,
Leo MacDonald
Founding Fleet Capt., NE Fleet
Past Commodore, Member No. 223
A 'Cape Dory Board' supporting member ~1999 to ~2015 :-)
Steve Bryant
"Elan"
Ocean Springs, MS

I'd be glad to

Post by Steve Bryant »

Hi Troy,

I hope to have my CD25 launched right after the first of the year. You and Tony would be welcome to come down one weekend when the weather is looking favorable. I have a 16 year old son, and I'm only about an hour and a half from Laurel in Ocean Springs, MS.

I think you have my phone number from a PM I sent you a month or so ago, so feel free to give me a call or send me a PM and we can set something up after the 1st of the year.

Look forward to meeting you guys,
Steve Bryant
"Elan" 1981 CD25 #815
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Troy,
The schedule is a little tight between now and the first of the year but the boat is in the water and ready to go. Give me a call at 850 994 5944 and we can set something up. Pensacola Bay is a great place to sail and any reason at all to get out there is a good one.

Steve Kuhar
Troy Scott

This is great!

Post by Troy Scott »

I can't wait to sail with other Cape Dory owners, and at the same time get some encouragement and inspiration for myself and my assistant.
Regards,
Troy Scott