I'm surprised

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

I'm surprised

Post by henry hey »

I placed a posting a couple days ago about my new flickr group for Cape Dory. I've seen very little movement there. I figured with the sailing season pretty much over, folks might have some photos that they want to share. I know that aside from sanding my teak and winterizing my motor, I'm not doing a whole lot with my boat now that it's out (so I have an interest and time to start something like a photo sharing group). From what I can tell, nobody from here joined the flicker group but 120 people viewed my post.

I know some of you have been in to see photos on that page -- as I can see it on my flickr page (views). PLEASE share your dory photos there. I'd love to see your boats in action or inaction. Winter is a good time for this.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/capedory

(did I mention that it's free?)

hh
Dick Barthel

photos

Post by Dick Barthel »

Henry,

Those are some nice pictures. I hope others more talented than I take you up on your offer to adorn those pages with dory photos. As for me, I'm photo adding challenged.

It could turn out to be a very nice site that we could link to our message board so that any time we needed a lift we could just click. Remember that most of the key board people are away this weekend at the winter meeting.

Thanks for trying and I hope it works.

Dick
OPaulB

Post by OPaulB »

I uploaded a few photos of Gypsy, my 1979 Alberg 22.
OPaulB
Raleigh, NC
Carter Brey
City Island, New York

Flickr CD group

Post by Carter Brey »

Henry,

I uploaded a couple of old favorites.

It might be worth pointing out that it took me quite a while to figure out how to add photos to the group. The procedure is not obvious. You have first to create your own account and upload your photos to that. Then you select those you want to appear in a group, specifying the group as it appears in a drop down list.

Greetings from Tokyo, where so far I haven't seen any sailboats at all.

Carter