table post in cd 25

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jimmy V

table post in cd 25

Post by Jimmy V »

I would like to know if the chrome table post in my cd25 is removable. I'd like to stow it while sleeping. I think it is but it seems to be stuck or rusted in place. I've tried a strap clamp but no luck.
Jimmy V
Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

It should come out.

Post by Jerry Hammernik »

Jimmy,
I had a 25 for many years and my table support was removable. They are a snug fit and if it hasn't been out for awhile it may really be stuck. I'd try GM Heat Valve lubricant. It's the best corrosion penetrant I've ever found. Available at any GM auto dealer.
Jerry Hammernik

"Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can buy a lot of things that will make me happy."
Paul Grecay
Lewes, Delaware

Don't wiggle it.

Post by Paul Grecay »

I wiggled mine to get it out and it cracked the mounting base (which then had to be welded back together). Best way is to remove the mounting base from the cabin sole, put the tube in a vice (protect is from damage and don't squeeze it hard or it will deform!)....then use a torch to heat the base and the tube. Then tap withe base with a hammer and it will pop off.
Chartley

table posts

Post by Chartley »

Yes, the table posts are removable. We have a 27. The table looked as though it had never been disassemble when we bought her. A gentle tap with the hammer and some persistence worked like a charm. We often only use one post and swivel the table over the berth (with a rolled sleeping bag 'neath it as support) so as to quickly put it out of the way when not in use during the day. Otherwise, on the 27, the table fits snugly in the hanging locker with no need to tie it down. It is as though it was meant to be stowed there.