Tiny-Tach by Design Technology

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Ron Turner
Oriental, NC

Tiny-Tach by Design Technology

Post by Ron Turner »

Now I believe.
Last year there was a thread on this instrument. I was leary, now I have one and it works, right out of the box.
Talked to the home office about running up the engine hours to match old tach and got a lead on that.
My Yanmar fuel injection line was 6mm according to the manual. That's all you have to know to get one.
http://www.tinytach.com

Other functions on the unit count down service hours, one for 25 and another for 50. Internal battery recharges when external power is applied. The display mounting leaves a lot to be desired.
Ron Turner
Duncan Maio

Post by Duncan Maio »

Ron:

Where did you mount yours? I have an empty 41/2" instrument housing in the cockpit bulkhead that I thought I could use, but there would be no way to access the "select" button on the face of the TinyTach housing. Otherwise, it seems like the perfect little unit.
Duncan Maio
s/v Remedy
CD27 #37
Bristol, RI
Ron Turner
Oriental, NC

Tach mounting

Post by Ron Turner »

Duncan,

I will take out the old tach and fabricate a filler plate with a cutout for the TT. The old tach is just a junction box at the moment. Will have to provide some terminal strips to get the wires where they belong.
Ron Turner