A fabulous day for sailing...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

bhartley
CD25D #184 "Pyxis"

CDSOA Member #785

A fabulous day for sailing...

Post by bhartley »

Today was payback for months of grinding, epoxy and sanding.

We took Miranda up to Manchester from Salem Harbor. Left the mooring at 1:30 and reached all the way there. Motored into the harbor to lust after other people's boats (a Hinckley is a little big for my restoration shed). Reached all the way home with perfect wind, calm seas and a sunny sky.

What could be better. She may be the tiny, but she is a joy to sail!

Hope everyone can take off work early tomorrow and enjoy a wonderful fall sail.

Bly
Carl Thunberg

Congratulations, Bly

Post by Carl Thunberg »

That first sail after months of restoration work is oh so sweet. Soak it in. You've earned it. There's still some great fall sailing left!
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Troy Scott

my Ty

Post by Troy Scott »

Bly,

Your story reminded me of my youth. I owned a Ty WE which I bought new in about 1981. She looked just like your photo. I named her Amity. I never used a motor. We had a lot of fun around Mobile and along the Gulf Coast. There were some late night returns after afternoons when the wind died, and some serious "learning experiences" in heavy weather. I eventually swapped her for a bigger boat, but after about two weeks and then ever since I've wished I had kept her. Hold onto that classy little boat, even if you do get a bigger one!
Last edited by Troy Scott on Sep 8th, '06, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Troy Scott
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Ty Restoration

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Bly,

Congratulations on the completion of refitting your Ty. I've been silently following your accounts of the progress being made.

The enjoyment of the fruits of your labor is directly proportional to the degree of sweat equity expended on the restoration.

So enjoy to the max,
O J