CD 28 Flybridge (power cruiser) - skeleton key for door?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Trawler Joe

CD 28 Flybridge (power cruiser) - skeleton key for door?

Post by Trawler Joe »

The wheelhouse door on our CD 28 flybridge is a sliding door with a skeleton key for locking/unlocking. I only have one key, and the local lock & key shop doesn't have a match. Any recommendations on where to find one?

For that matter, I'm having trouble getting a copy of the ignition key for our Volvo-Penta TAMD40, so I welcome suggestions there, too.

Thanks!
Tom S
Huntington, NY

CD28 Power Cruiser Key

Post by Tom S »

HI Joe
The Key blank that my local lock smith used was a "ilco"brand. The p/n was #53B If you have lost your keys the lock is easy to remove and the key cut out is very basic and easy to replicate even with a small hand file. :D Tom
Trawler Joe

CD28 Power Cruiser Key

Post by Trawler Joe »

Thanks Tom. I will call around to a few locksmiths to see if they have the blank.

Wow I am a dummy -- I should have used the "search" function before asking!
AnnapolisMark

CD28 Power Keys

Post by AnnapolisMark »

Hi Joe:

I would recommedn you contact Zelco's in Annapolis. They can duplicate very rare and difficult keys. They were the only one that could duplicate my Rolls-Royce keys.

I would also contact Vosbury Marine about duplicating the Volvo keys. If anyone can do it, they could.

Hope to see you out on the Bay...

All the best,

Mark Cline
CD28 FB #219
Brandywine
Annapolis, MD