MAD HATTER IS IN MAINE

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

MAD HATTER IS IN MAINE

Post by David Sabourin »

We arrived in Maine officially on Tuesday. Our approach to Boothbay Harbor was accompanied by several squalls, thunder, lightning, heavy cold rain and hail.

Two days in the harbor to dry out and rest up. We will be heading over to Penobscott Bay for a week or so. Anyone up here in the area let us know.......check out the blog if you are interested in our route so far..... www.madhattermainetrip.blogspot.com

David Sabourin
Carl Thunberg

Enjoy the rest of your trip

Post by Carl Thunberg »

David,

I really enjoyed reading of your trip so far. That hail storm you were in was bigger than you might think. There was a car dealership in Exeter, NH that literally had their inventory totaled from the hail. It must have been really loud in the salon with hail hitting the deck.

Carl
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Mitch F
CD30K, Mere Point, Maine

Post by Mitch F »

Hi David -
Pilgrim will be departing Boothbay this evening for an overnight passage to Bar Harbor. From there we will be spending two and a half weeks on board cruising East to NB and finishing in Bar Harbor. We'll keep an eye and an ear out for you! Heres hoping for good weather . . .

- Mitch
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

I'll be around the corner in Linekin Bay later this afternoon. If I have time to head around to the harbor I'll look for you. Are you on a mooring in the inner harbor?

Joe
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Mitch F
CD30K, Mere Point, Maine

Post by Mitch F »

Hi Joe -
Pilgrim is on a mooring at Carousel Marina. With a little luck we will be arriving in Boothbay before 5:00 and will then spend an hour or two stowing two weeks worth of stuff. Goodbye bootstripe! Please stop by if you are in the neighborhood - we would love to say hello to you and Quest.

- Mitch
mahalocd36

Thanks!

Post by mahalocd36 »

Nice blog, helpful as we are planning a similar trip soon. How long are you going to be in Maine?
Melissa Abato
www.sailmahalo.com
Russell

Post by Russell »

Just finished reading through your blog, very well done, I look forward to reading more, I would love to be in Maine right now. Look for my friends Jon and Jill on Sirius, a 47 Moody, they are from the Chesapeake as well cruising Maine this summer.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

Thanks for all the replys

Post by David Sabourin »

Thanks to all who replied to my post this am. We are in Camden today and aren't sure where we will go tomorrow. Short trip. Pulpit Harbor, longer trip Northeast Harbor.

Melissa, we plan to start making our way back down toward Boston in about a week or so.......keep in touch if you are coming this way soon.

David
greg phillips
Seasprite 34 "Sarah".
Brooklin, Maine

mad hatter in center harbor

Post by greg phillips »

Hey Guys, Saw you on a mooring as I was coming in today. I'm Greg Phillips, on SARAH the Seasprite 34. My old CD 25, ex Linda Lou now SCOUT, is farther up in Center Harbor. Went to your site..what a trip. Hope you enjoy the area and the sights. I'm in the green house next to the store if you need anything.

Fair Winds
Greg Phillips
joeeb

Post by joeeb »

Read your blog. Enjoyed the photo narrative. I just spent two days in Rocklandattending the North Atlantic Blues Festival sited next to the
town boat landing. 25,000 people attended the event. If you can make a trip into Rockland the Farnsworth Art Museum is located
on the main street two blocks from the town boat landing. It has the finest collection of Andrew Wyeth (and family) paintings in the USA.
http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/

http://www.farnsworthmuseum.org/