Missing Pin

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Nigel Noble

Missing Pin

Post by Nigel Noble »

Would anyone know where I can get the pin that holds the docking line in the bow fairlead on a 25?

I appreciate any suggestions.
Nigel Noble
1976 CD 25 #419 s/v JANE
Bill Cochrane
s/v Phoenix

Spartain Marine, Robinhood Cove, Maine

Post by Bill Cochrane »

You'll have to call them, the part isn't in the catalog, but if your chock is here (and I expect it will be) they made it.

http://spartanmarine.com/

Regards, Bill
Nigel Noble

Post by Nigel Noble »

Thank you Bill. Now I know what a chock is.
Nigel Noble
1976 CD 25 #419 s/v JANE
Steve Buckley
Location: Typhoon Weekender, "Anna", #942, Cottage Park Yacht Club, Winthrop, MA

Spartan Marine

Post by Steve Buckley »

Lost the chock rod for my CD Typhoon Weekender and called Spartan today. I guess they answer email once a month.

Paul answered and phone and said "You're in luck, I just made 12 of them!" So for $25 I got a new one on the way.

Paul warned me to put the locking pin in the rod AFTER you slide the straight tip of the rod through the chock. Seems obvious to me, be he said I wouldn't believe how many people call to complain that the pin is preventing the rod from extending all the way forward.
s
Nigel Noble

Post by Nigel Noble »

I spoke to them yesterday and they said they were making new ones and they would be at least 6 weeks. I suppose the pin is specific to the boat size??
Nigel Noble
1976 CD 25 #419 s/v JANE
Steve Buckley
Location: Typhoon Weekender, "Anna", #942, Cottage Park Yacht Club, Winthrop, MA

dunno

Post by Steve Buckley »

I'm not sure. I imagine the CD 25 may at least have longer pins. Try calling again and ask for Paul.
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Locking Chock Pin

Post by Oswego John »

I don't mean to be overly facetious when I ask if $25.00 covers the cost of a new chock and locking pin, or is this the cost of 4 or five inches of 5/16" SS rod with a bend on one end and a hole for a safety clip in the other end.

Just being curious,

O J
Last edited by Oswego John on Jun 24th, '06, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Buckley

Post by Steve Buckley »

Nope, $25 is the cost of ONE rod and two locking pins. You know the deal -- if it's for a boat multiply the price times four!

s