Swing mount for radar display

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bob Shulman

Swing mount for radar display

Post by Bob Shulman »

Does anyone know where I can purchase a swing mount to allow viewing of a radar display both in the cabin and cockpit? Thank you in advance. Bob Shulman
Brian2

WMArine

Post by Brian2 »

I bought ours at West Marine. It seemed expensive for what it is, but I really like it, and it beats having the radar mounted in a bulkhead.
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

If you don't find one that works at WM try gpscity.com which has a wide selection of RAM mounts which can be used for mounting all types of electronic gear from TV's to handheld GPS units. Circuit City and Best buy also carry TV mounts which might be adaptable. You will probably have a wider choice if you are talking about a flat panel display rather than a CRT.

Joe
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Russell

Post by Russell »

I bought mine from west marine as well, though they did not have it in stock it was in the catalog so they special ordered it for me.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
brian w

Post by brian w »

We also bought one at West Marine, for use with our GPS chartplotter. not as good as having it at the pedstal, but much better than having it down below when underway (and can be used near the chart table for plotting) so a fair compromise.

I recall them also being "expensive for what it is" as Brian indicated. It's markups on simple things like that that typically have me trying to fabricate something myself, but the unit is pretty nice, and is functional. but I noticed this weekend at the West Marine in Huntington Station, LI, which is now only an outlet store for West, that they had a big cardboard bin of them, so I assume they're considerably marked down. the foul weather gear I bought was considerably marked down (fyi to anyone in the area) and also bought a shorty wetsuit for $40 which made swimming off the boat on Sunday exceptionally pleasant for this time of year.

anyway, I have reason to head there over the next week, so could take a look at what they have selection and price wise if you like.

Regards,

Brian
CD33