A CD22 Splashes In Southern California

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Gary M
1982 CD22
Marina del Rey, CA

A CD22 Splashes In Southern California

Post by Gary M »

This journey is way to long to post here, but bottom line, my CD22 made it to Los Angeles and after two weeks of sitting in the boat yard, it splashed today.

Last June I made a decision to sell my 30 footer and downsize. I started looking for a replacement boat the day I made the decision but knew I wouldn't buy until my boat sold.

I looked at so many boats in Southern California from Santa Barbara to San Diego. I decided pretty early on that the boat I wanted was a CD22, and knew the chances of finding one around here was slim to none.

I soon found myself flying out of state to look at CD22s.

I found an unexpected problem. Boat haulers were busy with Hurricane Katrina clean up and so very few were interested in moving a boat for me. Prices were high and lead times were long.

Then a tip on this board got me to a boat hauler that could move fast and charge a reasonable price so a deal I had been working on started to move.

Money changed hands late last month and tonight the CD22 is resting peacefully in my slip.

Thanks to all who offered me advise along the way and thanks to the Cape Dory Board.

Gary
Richard G.

Post by Richard G. »

Welcome to the Marina. I have a CD27 in C Basin. Look for you on the water.
Gary M
1982 CD22
Marina del Rey, CA

I'm in G Basin.

Post by Gary M »

Richard,

I'll keep one eye open for a CD27. Especially while leaving G Basin!